Hello Word; from Paulie in PDX...

Please take a moment to post an introduction. Tell us a bit about yourself and your interests. Thank you.

Moderators: Nanook, carl

paulie

Hello Word; from Paulie in PDX...

Post by paulie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Hey, I'm taking the time to say hello to the Eskimo gang.

My name is Paul... I currently live in Portland, Oregon but have ties in California.. Texas.. and Ohio... I'm enjoying a trial Linux shell account and will shortly be a yearly paying member.

I appreciate Ninook's help with my newbie questions, and hope he [Or the user group here!] might not mind me asking some more questions. :P But... one step at a time.

A tiny about me, I was heavy into DOS computers in the late 80s and early 90s... I currently [And historically] run a BBS system at AmericanPiBBS.com:2323 over telnet, using a Raspberry Pi system. I'm interested in using my Linux Shell for an Eggdrop bot & then putting up a BogusTrivia bot, both on Undernet IRC... I had fun talking with Ninook about his previous work in the IRC world.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to access/install the Eggdrop that Ninook told me was 'installed' on each instance of Linux that I'm using here. I 'whereis eggdrop' in terminal and see it in a few places on the system.. but have to learn how to access the files and then install my own instance. Anyway, if no answer flock to this message I'll open up a ticket for poor Ninook.

Thanks to Eskimo.com for their services, as I usually figure things out quickly and have been enjoying seeing a couple versions of Linux that I am not familiar with.

Anyway, theres my Hello World.

Paulie